Sunday, January 25, 2009

January 25, 2009

The heavens are telling of the glory of God;
And their expanse is declaring the work of His hands.
Day to day pours speech,
And night to night reveals.
There is no speech, no are there words;
Their voice is not heard.
Their sound has gone out through all the earth,
And their utterances to the end of the world.
In them He has placed a tent for the sun,
Which is as a bridegroom coming out of his chamber;
It rejoices as a strong man to run his course.
Its rising is from one end of the heavens,
And its circuit to the other end of them;
And there is nothing from its heart.
-Psalm 19:1-6 (NASB)

It was two nights ago on January 23rd that I read this psalm in my daily devotion time. And I found myself completely blown away. The heaves and all of God's creation continually speak praises to their creator, day and night. Even though their praises aren't heard by men they rise from one of the heavens to the other, an never-ending, all-encompassing PRAISE lifted to our King.
How amazing is that?? The thought of God's creation always worshipping Him... it really just blows me away. The glory of God and his creation speaking constant praise, oh that we should do the same and worship Him with everything we do!
That has become the theme of my heart these last two weeks. At the beginning of the new year I made a commitment to God, devoting time to diving into His Word every day (and hopefully reading through the Bible in a year with the study I chose). In the few weeks that I have begun this, God has already begun a dramatic work in my life, and the first challenge laid before me is to worship my Savior with everything I do.
Often times I find myself caught up in the music portion of chapel or a church service. There is certainly not surprising since I am a musician, but I want to find that same passion for God that I feel in those musical moments in everything I do. We tend to think of worship as the praise music portion of a church service, but worship is defined as "the feeling or expression of reverence and adoration of a deity" with synonyms such as adoration, glorification, devotion, homage, and honor. My heart desires to bring glory to God and lift up praise to my King with every aspect and act of my life.
After just a few short weeks of really getting face to face with God on a daily basis and seeing what He is already doing for me, I am so excited to see where he takes me the rest of this year! God is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment